"Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."


Friday, September 21, 2012

Hot Lava!

Lava Hot Springs Vacation 2012
These were my camera buddies for the whole trip.
 I pulled out my camera and they all swarmed me to be in the picture.
(Keaters, Kyson, me, and Landers)
The biggest hot spot was right next to our camp site so we spent most of our time there.
We tied a boogie-board to the bridge to surf on, I'm not going to lie, It is mighty hard to stand up!
  One of the biggest events of the trip was tubing down the river.
Yes, It was cold.
And usually every year, someone flips off the honeycomb and ends up with a bloody leg.
This year, it was Gentri.
We also went to the pool. Full of activities.
 One, the rock wall that becomes a race to the top, I kick butt every time. :D
 There are also wicked slides. My favorites were the speedy ones that make you scream.

 One of my fears: Heights.
Isn't it funny that I went off the HIGH dives. . . twice?!!!
This was our frightening journey to only the first platform.
 Me, Benji, and G on jump 1. . .
 . . . On jump 2 . . .
 . . . . Hugging the walls with fear on 2. . .
 . . .  jumping off 2. . .

 . . .  ON 3! . .
  . . . and Jumping off of 3. . .
I felt like I was flying. . .  and falling!
 After I went one 1, 2, and 3, We went another round. 1, 2, and I was either to scared or too sick from the pool water to do the 3rd a second time. The walk down the 33ft high stairs is worse than the actual jump. I was crying, not sure why. Maybe because I felt so sick, I was too chicken to jump, or going down the stairs gives you a horrible feeling of failure.
 But I still felt good that I had accomplished more than I thought I would.
Entering the pool, I only planned on going off the 1st jump once. Haha, like that is possible.
 Next year, I'll be back with even more guts, so you platforms better watch it.
Out of this trip, I was reminded of what I know to be true.
I CAN DO HARD THINGS.
"You can never cross the ocean unless you
have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment